Urban Ventures provides comprehensive development consulting to non-profits and local governments. Services include:
- Demand analysis
- Financial feasibility analysis
- Financial packaging, including securing all conventional, tax credit, and public financing
- Lender interaction during construction, including construction draw requests, cost certification, and construction close out process
- Building open and lease up planning
Urban Ventures has over 30 years of underwriting complex, large scale multifamily housing financing proposals. Funding sources typically include tax credits, bond funding, HOME or other federal subsidy, Housing Choice Vouchers, and State and local subordinated financing. Services include:
- Threshold review
- Comprehensive underwriting
- Construction scope and plans review
- Selection scoring and evaluation, including presentation of recommendations
- Closing negotiations and documentation review
In addition to project underwriting, Urban Ventures provides a full range of technical assistance services related to underwriting. For instance, for DC Department of Housing and Community Development, we performed a comprehensive evaluation and redesigned their underwriting systems. Urban Ventures developed and provided a complete set of underwriting tools and formats, then provided group and individual training to staff in the use of the new tools and other underwriting topics.
Policy and Compliance
Urban Ventures works with local governments to craft innovative policy solutions to housing problems, with a particular focus on supportive housing. We also provide technical assistance to local governments and non-profits on compliance with federal programs, including HOME, CDBG, and Neighborhood Stabilization Program.